Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cory Stewart wants to bring the Arizona Law to Virginia

Corey Stewart loves to be in the spotlight.  He announced today via his website that:
Prince William County's crackdown on illegal immigration worked: Illegal Aliens fled the county, and the violent crime rate plummeted. It is now time to protect all communities in Virginia from the effects of Illegal Immigration. Please join me in our effort to protect every county and city in the Commonwealth by following Prince William County's and Arizona's lead and enforce the Rule of Law.
Never mind that violent crime was ALREADY ON THE DECLINE.  Click here for the PWC crime reports (the news of the undocumented starts on page 31).    Never mind that residents are complaining on local blogs that the PWC ordinances didn't work, like this one from bvbl.net:
While I agree that it worked for about a year, the illegals came FLOODING back around the middle of 2008 and it has gotten progressively worse since then. There are far more illegals in the area now than there were in 2007. Every morning I drive by houses FULL of them jumping into white work vans. I am utterly amazed at the level of them that I see here nowadays. The problem has gotten so much worse. The 7-11’s are packed, the home depots are loaded to the gills with them and the roads and sidewalks full of them. This morning some idiot in a white truck was honking at the guy in the house because he was picking him up and I guess the guy wasn’t coming out fast enough. I rolled up next to him and told him to knock off the honking at 6am as this is a residential area. If I see him do it again I am going to get out of my car and ask him politely face to face to abstain from honking his horn in the neighborhood at 6am and if he has a problem with it then I will simply call the police and ask them to cite him for violating noise ordinances. These people have no decency or respect for others. I wish Corey luck but judging how he got manhandled and uber pwned by Deane back in 2007 I’m not sure that he is the man to toot his horn and be the force behind something like this. No way something like this will work in an ever-increasing blue state like Virginia. FAR too many bleeding heart, wealthy and powerful libs in this area that don’t have to live around illegals.
 Let it also be known that unless someone in the VA legislature signs on to sponsor this, this is more of the theatre of Corey Stewart.  Nevertheless,  concerned Virginia citizens should be put on notice.  We may have a fight on our hands.

No comments: