Tuesday, August 08, 2006

San Miguel Chronicles

I had the pleasure of meeting Inés Roberts yesterday. Inés is the editor of the San Miguel Chronicles, a monthly news digest of Mexican national news. She has a long history in SMA, and had some great insights into the expatriate community here, and an amazing ability to synthesize the demographic, political and social changes in the U.S. and Mexico that have supported the expatriate population's growth here.

Today will be a whirlwind day for me: I have three interviews with people who have lived here no less than 15 years (one has lived here for 40 years), so I'm going to be out all day. I'll be back tonight with some interesting commentary about the expatriate community's transition, which I realized yesterday is part of a larger social divide here in SMA.

No comments: